Vegan Recipe: Shimeji Aglio e Olio
[metadata element=”date,author” ]
Time: 30 mins
Shimeji mushrooms added to the Italian Classic Aglio Olio, give it a nice twist and make for a change. An easy peasy recipe that you end up making often at home.
- 300 gm Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 packet White Shimeji Mushrooms
- 1 packet Brown Shimeji Mushrooms
- 6 to 8 Dried Chillies soaked and roughly chopped
- 12 Cloves Garlic, peeled and sliced or roughly chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper-to taste
- 4 Sprigs flat leaf parsley, or coriander roughly chopped
- 40 gm Parmesan cheese, grated (optional to garnish)
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Toss with a little olive oil after cooking and set aside. If you’re vegan, choose an eggless-pasta.
- Heat up half the olive oil in a frying pan or wok. When the oil starts to smoke, add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. When the oil starts to smoke, add the garlic and dried chillies. Stir-fry over medium heat until aromatic.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir-fry over high heat to coat the pasta well. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add the parsley or coriander, toss to mix well and serve.
Also Read: Vegan Recipe: Easy Tempeh Bowl
|Recipe by HOKUTO Corporation|
HOKUTO Corporation was established in 1964 as a trading firm engaging in sales of packaging materials. The ensuing years saw it diversify into sales of agricultural machinery and manufacture of mushroom culture bottles. Today HOKUTO is the only producer in Japan with integrated mushroom-related operations, committed to research, development and production of mushrooms as a superior health food.