An easy and delicious vegan recipe that’s great for an evening snack or as finger food when entertaining. It also serves as a fantastic “grab-and-go” meal any time of day!
Kid Friendly and Party Proofed.
Time: 20 mins + 10mins
- ¾ cup vegan paneer – crumbled, we recommend HerbYvore Pea Paneer
- ¾ cup Beeroot, boiled, peeled & grated
- Potatoes – Boiled, peeled & grated
- ¾ tsp Cumin powder
- ¾ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- Onion- minced
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves – chopped
- 2 tbsp Mint leaves – chopped
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil and sauté onion till translucent
- Stir in beetroot, vegan paneer and sauté till the mixture dries out
- Add, chili powder, cumin & coriander powder, lime juice and salt
- Add in the grated potatoes, corn flour, breadcrumbs, coriander and mint leaves.
- Mix well and remove from heat
- Refrigerate for about an hour
- Shape into round patties and fry in a little oil for about 2-3 minutes on each side
- Serve with coriander chutney or sweet and spicy sauce on the side
HerbYvore Pea Paneer can be purchased in Singapore from Nourish Marketplace
|Recipe by SARAB KAPOOR |
Ms Sarab Kapoor is a Singapore-based celebrity chef. Sarab is also a Television Personality, Cookbook Author, Cooking Instructor, Culinary Consultant, Food Lover. Armed with a firm grasp of international cuisines, Sarab has developed her own style of creative vegetarian cooking. Her cookbook – Cook Love Eat with Sarab – was launched in 2013, bringing her recipes to the homes of her fans. In 2002, her cookbook ‘Om Compilation’ was released, with over 300 vegetarian recipes for a charitable organization. Sarab is also the Culinary Consultant of Wine and Dine magazine in Singapore. You can find more about her at https://sarabkapoor.com/
At EatRoamLive, we promote and facilitate a healthier, ethical and environmentally friendly veg way of life. ERL is a Media & Events platform connecting veg-friendly restaurants and brands with vegetarian and vegan consumers or those who are consciously looking to make their plates greener. Be it food, travel fashion or skincare, we help you discover brands and experiences that are ethical, sustainable, cruelty-free and simply fabulous.